Scholarships to study in SpainThere are many institutions offering scholarships in Spain to cover university costs fully or partially. Some scholarships require Spanish language certificates or legal residence permission.

AECID. Generally it is addressed to students of master’s degree.

Fundación Carolina




  • First of all, you should consult with the ministry of Education in your country of origin to check if there are scholarships available to study abroad.
  • Besides, each university offer their own scholarships depending on the economic situation of the student and the academic record. They usually offer different funding options.
  • The Spanish ministry of Education, Culture and Sports offer scholarships to cover the university enrolment fees for foreigners with residence permission.
  • Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo also offers scholarships for foreigners (MAEC-AECID):
  • Fundación Carolina offers scholarships addressed to master’s degree and PHD students from Latin America.
  • Santander bank offers a wide range of scholarships:
  • Asociación Universitaria Iberoamericana de Postgrado (AUIP) offers different mobility programmes between Spanish universities and Latin American universities:
  • Scholarships Reina Sofía are addressed to Spanish emigrants and their children who are living abroad and want to study in a Spanish university.


For further information about scholarships to study in Spain you can contact the Spanish embassy in your country of origin, the ministry of foreign affairs and cooperation in Spain, the ministry of Education, Culture, and Sports or with your destination university.

There are also search engines that can be useful to find scholarships in Spain: